The whole of the Pacific Northwest, including Boise, is smack dab in the middle of a heat wave. While there are many strategies to cope with this extreme heat, we wanted to take a moment to present some tips on how to keep your home cool during this time.
- Cover your windows with drapes or shades
- Weather strip doors and windows
- Use window reflectors to reflect heat back outside
- Add insulation to keep heat out
- Use an attic ventilator or attic fan to regulate your home’s heat level by clearing out hot air
- Install window air conditioners and insulate around them
Click HERE to read the the full article from the Red Cross, and learn more strategies on how to keep yourself and others safe during the heat wave.